If You Want To Start From Day 1
Of The ’12 Days Of Fat Loss Swaps’ Just
Click Here To Join Then
Click ‘LIKE’ on our Facebook Page
3 Cups A Day Will Keep The Belly Fat Away!
Water, sleep and a fat burning breakfast… you should be feeling pretty good by now.
If you have done every day then you should be really proud of yourself… good on you!!!
Here is Day 4. You will do this swap every day for the next 9 days…–
Day 4 Swap:
|1-2 Coffee / Tea||2 x Green Tea|
How Will This Help Me Burn Fat?
- Caffeine is a metabolism destroyer in large doses.
- Too much caffeine overstimulates our adrenal glands which produce more Cortisol… hello belly fat!
- Caffeine also raises another fat storing hormone Estrogen
- A SMALL amount of caffeine can boost the metabolism and green tea has enough to do this without overstimulating the adrenal glands
- Green tea has been found to lower the Estrogen type ‘Estrone’ which is a belly fat storer
- A study found that drinking 3 cups of green tea daily reduced body weight and waist measurement by 5% in 3 months
- Reduces inflammation
|The Swap||Replace With|
Sodas and Diet Sodas
|Green tea – loose or tea bag
NOT Green tea pre-made sugar drinks!
But It’s Horrible!
- It is an acquired taste but it is SO good for you it’s worth learning to like it… remember 5% body weight reduction JUST by including 3 cups a day!!!!
- Different brands have different flavours so just because you don’t like one, doesn’t mean you won’t like another
- To stop it getting too bitter… steep it for a few minutes and then take the tea bag out
- You can get flavored green tea bags… just make sure it doesn’t have any artificial ingredients or high in sugar
- Add a squeeze of lemon
- Don’t add sugar or honey
“Skinny Jeans” Swap
For those who want to take it to the next level:
NO tea or coffee and 3 cups of straight green tea a day!
Detoxing Off Caffeine
If you are a heavy coffee drinker and you are doing the ‘Skinny Jeans’ Swap you may have a day or 2 of withdrawal symptoms. Sometimes a headache, lethargy, tired, irritable… all lovely symptoms of detoxing!
You are already drinking lots of water and sleeping which is great… just be really conscious of keeping up the water to flush all of the toxins out quickly. You can also take a B Complex vitamin and a Vitamin C to help with the nervous system, help the detox and protect the body.
OR do it naturally… here are some foods high in the necessary vitamins:
Vitamin C – Grapefruit, Kiwi fruit, Mango, Oranges, Bok Choy, Broccoli
Vitamin B’s – B’s are a little harder as you need to cover B1, B2, B3, B5, B6,B9 and B12
- Avocado is high in all except B12
- Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Bok Choy and Spinach are good all-rounders
- Beef, Chicken Breast and Eggs are also good all-rounders
- B12 only come from protein sources: beef, salmon, Eggs, natural yoghurt, chicken, cod, lamb and pork
A Little Note
I would NEVER want to put you off doing the ‘Skinny Jeans’ as it is what I believe in BUT if you only plan on doing it and then going straight back to drinking coffee afterwards… it may not be worth it. Just do the normal swap.
I personally detoxed off coffee and it was hard… I never want to go through that again so save the detox for when you’re really ready to commit to it long term.
Good luck. You are doing a great job to still be here and I am so proud of you!
I’ll see you tomorrow for Day 5!Shannon Who’s doing “Skinny Jeans”?… let me know on the Facebook Page!!! Any questions?…ask on the Facebook Page!!!