If You Want To Start From Day 1
Of The ’12 Days Of Fat Loss Swaps’ Just
Click Here To Join Then
Click ‘LIKE’ on our Facebook Page
A High Fat, High Sugar Snack That Burns Fat!
Yep, that’s today’s swap.
Get those teeth ready because you’ll be crunching this snack daily.
So here is Day 9. You will do this swap every day for the next 4 days…–
Day 9 Swap:
||An Apple & 15g Raw Almonds or Walnuts
How Will This Help Me Burn Fat?
- Most snacks we eat are on-the-go and processed with High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar, additives, preservatives, msg, saturated fats, trans fats, artificial sweeteners… shall I go on? All of these are fat storing, hormone disruptive ingredients… IN A HUGE WAY!
- So many snacks are too high in sugar and calories… sometimes higher than meals the we eat!
- Apples, although high in natural sugar, are a fantastic fat burning food. They are high in fiber and contain pectin which regulates blood sugar levels. They also help you lose more weight than NOT eating them.
- Almonds and Walnuts are great because they have niacin which raises testosterone and have Omega 3’s.
- Almonds have monounsaturated fats which the Thyroid needs to function effectively,
|The Swap||Replace With|
|1 snack a day||1 x Apple with 15 grams Raw Walnuts OR Raw Almonds
Fat Burning Tips
- ONLY have 15 grams. Nuts are high in calories and high in fat… but we do need them. WARNING: It’s easy to overeat nuts and add loads of calories which will stop us losing weight. The rule is 15 grams and no more.
- Only eat unflavored, RAW nuts. Roasting nuts destroys the beautiful fat burning oils and actually turns them rancid… making them bad for you. Adding flavor means adding additives, preservatives and fat storing chemicals.
- Walnuts can be a bit bitter so I like to cut up an apple (or take a bite) and have a piece of apple at the same time as 1/2 a walnut… it’s much nicer (Oh and that is actually my little sister’s recipe… Thanks Lain!)
- Soak your nuts overnight! Nuts can be hard to digest and when you soak them you activate an enzyme which not only helps you digest easier but all the nutrients are much more easily absorbed. How to soak nuts: Soak for 20 mins then rinse and Soak again for 8-12 hours. Rinse again and get rid of all water. TIP: Only soak enough for that day
- Try and buy unpasteurized nuts as the pasteurization process destroys the good enzymes. All store bought nuts in the US are pasteurized as it is law so you will need to buy them online. Please do your research though and decide if unpasteurized is for you.–
“Skinny Jeans” Swap
For those who want to take it to the next level:
Alternate almonds one day and walnuts the next
See you tomorrow for Day 10!Shannon Who’s doing “Skinny Jeans”?… let me know on the Facebook Page!!! Any questions?…ask on the Facebook Page!!!