Foods That Speed Up Metabolism – The Ultimate List
There are some foods that speed up metabolism naturally by balancing the metabolic hormones, blocking fat deposits or help the body rid of fat deposits. Just by making the majority of your diet full of these fat burning foods that speed up metabolism will ensure you move your body into permanent fat burning mode.
By eliminating all of the foods that slow down your metabolism like processed foods, additives and preservatives, high GI foods, alcohol, caffeine, processed soy and simple carbs that increase the fat storing hormones; and eating the majority of your diet from the fat burning list below… you will ensure a fast and zippy metabolism.
Foods That Speed
Fats are typically thought of as a “fatty food” but there are some fats our body needs such as mono‐unsaturated fat. Healthy fats generally keep cholesterol levels down, helps your body to maintain proper levels of hormones that help with fat loss and muscle building.
- Avocodos ‐ They are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and micronutrients
- Nuts – Raw Walnuts, Pecans , Almonds etc. (not peanuts) They also are high in protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Fiber and protein helps control blood sugar and can aid in weight loss.
- Olive Oil
Protein is an essential part of weight loss as mentioned. It highly contributes to building muscles with workouts which in turn speeds up your metabolism and helps burn energy and fat.
- Whole Eggs, including the yolk ‐ Eggs are one of the best quality sources of complex protein available and the yolks are actually the healthiest part. The yolk is where all of the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (such as lutein) are found. Eggs also contain calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as essential fatty acids.
- Lean Meats
- Fish – Tuna and Salmon are a great source of protein as the also have high levels of the essential omega 3 fatty acids.
Pectin limits the amount of fat that your cells can absorb and also has a water binding property, absorbing watery substances which in turn bombard the cells and make them release fat deposits.
- Berries: Berries are packed with vitamins and minerals, fibre and some of the best sources of antioxidants.
High Fibre Foods
Fiber helps to eliminate waste from your body which helps minimize food being stored as fat. It also slows your carbohydrate absorption and digestion and controls your blood sugar levels to help prevent insulin spikes (which can stimulate fat gain) When choosing breads and cereals for the fibre benefits, always choose whole grains.
- Whole Grains
- Fresh Fruit – apples, berries etc.
Vitamin C improves the body’s ability to oxidise fat. It manufactures of carnitine, an amino acid necessary for the transport of fatty acids and helps to oxidate fat. If you reduce your body’s ability to oxidise fat it will create fatigue and the retention of body fat. It also helps to reduce cholesterol deposits. In fact, 500mg of vitamin C per day can increase your fat burning potential during exercise by 39 percent.
- Citrus Fruits – Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Oranges etc
Lecithin is a chemical that shields the cells from accumulating fat. It acts like a shield to prevent fat from forming on the cells and also breaks down fatty deposits in the body.
Other Fat Burning Foods:
Cinnamon ‐ As little as a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon added to your food can help your body to metabolise sugar up to 20 times faster and lower the body’s blood sugar levels.
Spicy Foods ‐ Spicy foods such as chilli and cayenne pepper burn calories by triggering a thermodynamic reaction or an energy change in the body that lasts for hours after eating.
Garlic ‐ Garlic has protective qualities on the body’s cells, helping to reduce fatty deposits.
Ginger – Ginger expands the blood vessels and increases body heat and metabolism by 20 percent. It works in all its forms – ground, pickled, candied or fresh.
To speed up your metabolism eat a balanced diet of 5-6 meals per day with protein, fats and carbs at every meal mainly made up from the foods that speed up metabolism list… a natural, tasty and healthy approach to speeding up your metabolism and losing weight.