Lose Tummy Fat In 2 Weeks With 5 Simple Swaps
We all struggle to lose tummy fat, especially as we get older but these 5 simple swaps can not only lose tummy fat in 2 weeks but also reprogram your body to keep burning more tummy fat fast.
Belly fat is caused mainly from 2 belly fat hormones: Insulin and Cortisol but as we age we can also add Estrogen into the mix as well… sorry ladies that’s why we start getting the lovely love handles from around 35! Reducing all of these and increasing the fat burning hormones is not only the key to losing tummy fat but also on how to lose thigh fat, lose back fat around the bra area and how to lose weight overall!
Insulin and Cortisol are fat storing hormones plus they won’t let your body burn fat while they’re in the body and we’re also going to reduce Estrogen so following these simple swaps will allow your body use your fat as energy… and burn that stubborn tummy fat away so you lose tummy fat and keep it off!
Lose Tummy Fat
Lose Tummy Fat Swaps:
SWAP Sodas, Flavoured Waters and Diet Drinks
WITH Water or Stevia sweetened Drinks
Flavoured drinks are the biggest contributor to unnecessary sugar intake. They not only add heaps of calories but the sugar sends our insulin levels skyrocketing and all the excess sugar in our blood gets sent directly to our fat cells… here comes flabby belly!
Hold on a second diet soda drinkers… you’re not off the hook either. Even though ‘diet’ sodas don’t have sugar in them they still produce insulin and artificial sweeteners send most fat burning hormones haywire and some have been proven to cause cancer so stay well away from them.
Your best option is water… yes plain old water but if you are a soda addict then water isn’t going to work so try some of the waters sweetened with stevia. Stevia is a super sweet natural herb that doesn’t have any effect on insulin.
Green tea lowers Estrogen which will help lose tummy fat.
The Gain Tummy Fat List:
- Diet Sodas
- Nutrient Waters
- Sports Drinks
- Flavoured milks
- Fruit Juices
- Flavoured coffees
- Most drinks at coffee chains!
- Keep coffees and black tea to a minimum if you must as caffeine raises Estrogen
The Reduce Tummy Fat List:
- Water and squeeze lemon
- Stevia flavoured waters
- Green Tea
SWAP High GI Carbs
WITH Low GI Carbs
High GI carbs turn to a higher sugar content quicker and create too much insulin. Eating low GI Carbs will keep your insulin levels low and stable which means your body can burn your fat stores when the insulin has done it’s job and left the body… provided you didn’t overeat the low GI carbs!
WITH Glass or BPA free plastic
This is an easy one. Plastic leeches a compound called BPA which increases the bad Estrogen… the more estrogen means more belly fat… which means more Estrogen production. Break this nasty cycle by using glass bottles or buy a BPA free plastic containers and bottles. They are everywhere these days or just look for plastic bottles with a ‘7’ in the recycling code.
In our busy lives where the stress of demanding jobs, kids and the expectations on women is increasing, this swap is easier said than done I know BUT not only for tummy fat but for your health, happiness and longevity this is one of the most important swaps you can do.
In regard to tummy fat, stress is a major contributor. Stress and cortisol LOVE each other and cortisol loves taking all of your fat and moving it to your belly so cutting the stress can give Cortisol less power.
At the end of a busy day a glass of wine and flopping in front of the tv sounds like the perfect stress buster… but it is only distracting you from the stress not curing the stress.
Here is a list of stress busters that you can choose from… the more you add to your life the better off you’ll be. Start with one and add one additional every week or two.
- Deep breathing: Take a deep breath in for 3 and out for 6. Repeat this 10 times. Do this several times a day and especially when you are feeling stress or tension.
- Exercise: Exercise is a wonder drug for not only the body but for the mind and emotions. Our bodies are designed to move but modern times have put us in sedentary lifestyles and high continuous emotional stress situations. Intense exercise increases the beautiful ‘happy chemicals’ in the brain which fight stress. 20 to 40 minutes of intense aerobic exercise 3 to 4 times a week will increase dopamine, serotonin and endorphins… plus you’ll be getting so many other benefits which we’ll discuss shortly.
- Vitamin C: Include a Vitamin C supplement under high stress times as it inhibits the release of Cortisol which is a stress hormone
- Mediation & Yoga – Introducing the practice of meditation and/or yoga into your life will allow you to become fully present, calm and release all the tension and stress from your mind and body. After a session you feel so fantastic that you will want to do it all the time to feel that way. There’s no need to start at classes if you feel intimidated. There are heaps of fantastic free and paid products available. Download some short meditation podcasts from itunes to start you off, buy a yoga DVD or find a meditation album on itunes or online
- Sleep – When we don’t get enough sleep our hormones and emotions are completely unbalanced. Staying calm, patient and eating healthy become almost impossible. Getting 7-8 hours EVERY night is essential for low stress, a fast metabolism and the health of your body and mind.
SWAP 30 Mins of TV
WITH 30 Mins Of Exercise
Doing 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week is a prerequisite to health. We all avoid it, try and find ways to lose weight without it and by calorie counting we can… BUT exercise is not just about burning calories. Exercise boosts most of the fat burning hormones and inhibits the production of most fat storing hormones… add the RIGHT exercise to your lifestyle and you can burn up to 3 times as much energy daily.
Lean muscle is your best friend in the fight against belly fat. It takes more energy for your body to maintain muscle than fat so you burn more calories even when you’re sleeping.
Adding high intensity strength training to your life will not only burn tummy fat, tone up your body, it will reduce stress, burn calories, increase the blood flow through your body and brain so you become happier PLUS exercise creates new brain cells which will make you smarter if you stimulate those new cells with mental or social interaction. Did I also mention it will stop saggy skin and help you look younger for longer as it helps with the production of collagen?
Make these 5 swaps to lose tummy fat quickly but also to reprogram your metabolism for long term fat burning. If changing them all at once is too hard and will result in only a short term ‘diet’ then choose one and start with that. Choose the one that will have the biggest impact on YOUR health. If you drink a lot of sodas then changing and mastering this one element in your diet could have a dramatic impact on your belly, weight and health.
As you master one, add another, then another until you have gradually changed your habits to a new healthier lifestyle.