I can hear you saying… are you serious, these aren’t burgers! All I want to say is TRY THEM.
They are so more’ish and delicious. Remember we are making “healthy” versions of foods… if the original foods were good for us we wouldn’t need replacements!
I have put my fav fillings but there are heaps of possibilities. Just choose vegetables, herbs and dips you love!
THYROID NOTE: If you suffer form any thyroid problems then don’t have the raw cabbage.
PRINT RECIPE >
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST >
Crunchy Fun Burgers
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- 4 Burger pattie of your choice
- 1 beetroot Grated
- 1/4 Red Cabbage raw - finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Carrot Grated
- 1/2 cup Snow peas chopped
- 1 Cucumber diced
- 1 cup Herbs of choice
- 1 cup Hummus Tzatziki and Salsa are also fantastic
- Slice all fillings and put on a plate so everyone (or you) can help themselves (pictured above)
- Cut head of iceberg Lettuce and pour water in top until full and leave in a bowl for 5 minutes (this will make removing leaves without tearing much easier)
- Gently remove the outside leaves one at a time over the sink. You may need to run more water into the outside leaves if they start to tear.
- Cook burger patties
- To make:
Take a lettuce leaf
Put a burger pattie in middle and put preferred filling on top (main picture above)
Wrap and eat.
TIP: Once you start you can’t stop!!! You pretty much have to hold it once you are half way through, otherwise they fall apart.