Mushroom And Lentil Bakes
Even if you are a meat lover, you will love these! They are super easy to make, tasty and filling.
As with all of my recipes, experiment with your own flavors. I made this one Thai (because I love the flavors and all the ingredients are great for your hormones and metabolism) but you could use other flavors you like. Very quick and easy!
PRINT RECIPE >
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST >
Mushroom & Lentil Bakes
Fat Burning Plate
- 2 Flat Mushrooms large flat
- 3/4 cup Lentils mashed (organic canned is fine)
- 1/2 Tomato finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped - to taste (for lentil mix AND greens)
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro / Coriander leaves to taste
- 1 Chilli sliced - to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Kale or Spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Other Options: Fresh Herbs: Basil, Thyme or Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Wash the mushrooms and place top up in baking tray.
- Cook 10 minutes then turn over (stalk up)and cook another 10 minutes. The mushrooms will “sweat” and liquid will form in cup of mushroom - you can keep in or drain depending on preference.
- While mushrooms cooking. Mash together lentils, tomato and optional flavours.
- Take mushrooms out and scoop lentil mixture evenly between mushrooms and put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Cook greens in pan with water to quickly steam the vegetables. 1 minute before serving add garlic and tablespoon olive oil, toss and serve with 2 mushrooms and lentil bakes.
TIP: the trick with greens is to NOT overcook them. You want them to retain that vibrant green colour and the broccoli stalks to be slightly crunchy and crisp.
Adding the garlic at the end means the garlic doesn’t burn and has a really powerful flavour. You can also add chili, tamari, a drizzle of lemon at the same time... again whatever your personal taste is!