This is winter fav, though it is also great with a salad in summer.
If you have a slow cooker it is SO easy and SO delicious.
There is a naughty ingredient in here… Chorizo. It is hard to get nitrate free Chorizo AND it is so high in saturated fat but this dish would be lost without it so for once or twice a month during winter I let it slide.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: Make sure the Chorizo is Gluten Free
LEFTOVERS: Unless you have a big family, you will get leftovers. Use the leftover pork in a green salad, bean salad or replace the chicken in the roast veggie salad
PRINT RECIPE >
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST >
Pork Slow Cook
Fat Burning Plate
- 1 kilogram Lean Pork all fat removed
- 1 Chorizo sausage nitrate free if possible
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Apple sliced
- 1 can Cannellini beans drained and rinsed (white beans)
- 3 cups Broccoli
- 3 cups Kale
- Slice chorizo roughly
- (Optional) Brown pork all over.
- Add Pork, chorizo, rosemary sprigs and chicken stock to slow cooker
- Cook to manufacturers instructions - around 6 hours on high & 8-9 hours on low
- 20 minutes before serving: Add white beans and sliced apple to slow cooker
- Transfer pork to a plate, cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Leave the slow cooker on and add Vegetables - Cook for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to pull the pork into shredded bits and serve with vegetables and top with beans, apple and a bit of the juice.
- ONE POT WONDER: I add my veggies on top 10-15 mins before serving, though you can cook separately if you prefer.
NOTE: As this has chorizo in it, it is high in bad saturated fat and nitrates. I LOVE this recipe but use it sparingly because of this.