This is for all of you pasta lovers out there and I know I’m not alone.
I LOVE pasta, and my husband would leave me for a bowl of pasta if he had to choose!
This is the best of both worlds… it’s real pasta (though organic rice pasta is a good replacement :), it’s super filling and it’s in the right proportion to be fat burning.
Obviously you can substitute the real pasta for wholemeal or gluten free if you want to take it to the next level.
ALSO… I make it up depending on what is in the fridge so experiment and swap ingredients around BUT keep the base of protein, broccoli and spinach. I don’t cook most of the ingredients which makes it super healthy and quick… so it’s more like a fresh Pasta salad.
VEGAN OPTION: Use Vegan protein instead of tuna
PRINT RECIPE >
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST >
Fat Burning Plate
- 3/4 cup Penne Pasta cooked
- 1 1/2 cups Baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic optional
- 125 gram Canned Tuna
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup Snow peas sliced
- 1/4 cup beetroot grated
- 1/4 cup Coriander or any fresh herbs
- 1 Chili deseeded and sliced
- Cook the pasta to al dente (follow packet instructions)
- While it’s cooking prepare all of the ingredients - chop up and put the fresh ingredients into the bowl you will be serving it in (you will need a big bowl).
- Add the can of tuna flaked
- Just as the pasta is ready, put in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute
- Take off the heat and strain.
- Put garlic and a small dash of olive oil in pot and lightly cook. Then put strained pasta and brocolli in pot and mix for under a minute.
- Put the pasta and broccoli in the bowl, squeeze some lemon on(optional).
- Mix and serve.